An astonishment of rich, deep dark-red, roselike double blooms. Grow a mass of these in a shady patio container or border, and prepare for an astonishment of rich, deep dark-red, roselike double blooms. Compact, highly floriferous 10 inch plants are self-cleaning and easy-growing.
Reiger Begonia Vermillion Red
- Light: Bright, indirect light year-round.
- Water: Let the top 1/2" dry between waterings. After blooming, let the plant almost dry out and cut back all the foliage.
- Temperature: Average to warm (and humid). They can go as low as 60 F at night
- Soil: Airy, light, fast-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Use liquid fertilizer weekly at quarter strength or biweekly at half strength. In the fall, switch to a high-phosphorous fertilizer to encourage bigger blooms.