MacaRouge is an upright Begonia for outside spaces showing an abundance of single, bright red flowers with a sweet yellow heart. MacaRouge is a vigorous grower that not only looks wonderful in containers on the patio but also adds a colour burst to the beds.
Reiger Begonia Macarouge
- Light: Bright, indirect light year-round.
- Water: Let the top 1/2" dry between waterings. After blooming, let the plant almost dry out and cut back all the foliage.
- Temperature: Average to warm (and humid). They can go as low as 60 F at night
- Soil: Airy, light, fast-draining soil.
- Fertilizer: Use liquid fertilizer weekly at quarter strength or biweekly at half strength. In the fall, switch to a high-phosphorous fertilizer to encourage bigger blooms.